NOBILIS ANIMO LTD is a beneficiary of the project 2021/584969 "TOKO - Innovative system for remote monitoring and health care". The project is implemented under the Programme „Business Development, Innovation and SMEs“, Bulgaria, funded by Norway Grants 2014-2021.
The main goal of the project is to increase the competitiveness of Nobilis Animo Ltd. by developing and positioning on the market innovative welfare technology aimed at improving the quality of life of the elderly and disabled people.
In order to achieve the objective, the implementation of Activity 1 continues:
Technical research, analyses, and technology validation (TRL5). Through this activity will be made an analysis of the technology level of the components, research of the technological application, and technology validation of the innovative system for telemonitoring that is going to be developed. The goal of this activity is to reach the 5th Level of Technology Readiness of the new product and give the base for the prototype development.
A team of 6 experts has been formed to ensure the proper implementation of the project. So far the following stages of the activity have been completed:
1) Usability research, which includes:
- a detailed review of the principles of remote monitoring applied in world practice;
- analysis of clinical trials, feedback from patients and doctors, feedback from engineers;
- conclusions and recommendations to the TOKO concept.
2) Safety research, which includes:
- study of possible problems with the safety of the future device, analysis of different approaches to safety management in similar systems, physiological analysis, etc.
- preliminary study for bioconformity - types of materials to cover the device, level of certification of materials, existing ready-made solutions;
- study of the safety of wi-fi emissions of the device, power safety management, design of protective electrodes;
- study the safe use of the device as an emitter of online data in cases of surgery, bypass or use of a pacemaker.
3) Research and evaluation of the components, which includes:
- study of the components used in remote monitors around the world;
- review of clinical trials and comparison of produced signals reported in official sources;
- an overview of new components, especially chips and processors, that are not yet used in telemedicine but have the capacity to serve TOKO;
- study of the usability of the components for the innovative part of TOKO
- non-invasive blood pressure;
- preparation of risk analysis;
- analysis of the applicability of combinations between proven and new technologies.
TOTAL BUDGET OF THE PROJECT: EUR 340 000 of which EUR 199 300 is
a grant from Norway Grants 2014-2021.
PROJECT PROMOTER: NOBILIS ANIMO LTD, Bulgaria
PROJECT PARTNER: Infiniwell AS, Norway
PROJECT START: 17.01.2022
PROJECT END: 31.07.2023